24 Class Hours - Tution $350
This class satisfies the Utah POST Employee Discipline and Administrative Procedure class requirement for the Mid-Management Certificate. If an officer has completed the Employee Discipline and Administrative Procedure class requirement, this class also satisfies an Elective Management level class requirement for the Utah POST Mid-Management Certificate
Poor performing and difficult employees can suck the life out of their supervisors and their organizations.
Let MCA give you the upper hand.
Our practical real world approaches to dealing with problem employees will give you a new perspective on your role as a supervisor or manager. We focus on making disciplinary due process, the world of internal affairs/employee discipline and performance evaluation easy to understand. We then provide the interpersonal skills training you need to successfully take on problem employees. This is straight forward material without the gimmicks or touchy-feely approaches many other leadership and employee discipline courses propose.
- How to establish and assert your authority without infringing on employee rights
- How to develop performance standards that clearly communicate your expectations
- How to provide useful feedback and write objective, meaningful, performance evaluations
- How to confront difficult and resistant employees without losing
- How to recognize and handle the manipulations commonly used on supervisors
- How to claim your right to a day's work for a day's pay
- Establishing and sustaining a strong Professional Standards organizational culture
- Developing the first line supervisor as the Department “Gatekeeper” and why it matters
- How to maintain Department Policy and Procedures Manuals
- Understanding Hiring and Retention Standards and their nexus to employee discipline
- Understanding Complaint Tracking and early warning systems
- The importance of Building Community Trust and transparency
Performance, Accountability, and Employee Discipline
This 24 hour class is offered in Utah to supervisors, and managers to satisfy the Utah POST Employee Discipline and Administrative Procedure class requirement for the Mid-Management Certificate. If an officer has completed the Employee Discipline and Administrative Procedure class requirement, this class also satisfies an Elective Management level class requirement for the Utah POST Mid-Management Certificate.
For a full course description and schedule click here.
|March 4-6, 2020||Ogden, Utah
Hosted by the Weber County Sheriff’s Office
|May 18-20, 2020||Sandy, Utah
Hosted by the Sandy Police Department
|October 20-22, 2020||Provo, Utah
Hosted by the Provo Police Department